Monday, September 15, 2008

Levi

Entry from Mandy on Sept 10, 2008


Well, I love the kids more and more every day. I wish I could be here forever. Yesterday Levi´s mom came. She wanted to take him away to sell him, and since that was her intent we refused to let her take him. After she found out that she couldn´t take him she decided that she wanted to put him up for adoption. She clearly only wants money for him, and she says that she can´t take care of him which is sad when she has four other children that she can´t bring herself to leave in an orphanage. I guess the good thing about this all is that we were there to take Levi instead of another orphanage, because I hate to think what would have happened to him if someone else had taken him. I am sure, from what I have experienced and seen in other orphanages here, that other places would have been willing to sell him as well for a cut of the money and who knows what would have happened to him after he was sold. Thank goodness he came to us. The other kids are doing great. Alejandra has become much more calm since she got here, and the two older babies are a ton of fun as always. We blessed all the babies on Sunday and that was a great experience.

No comments: